Saturday, February 28, 2009

Yay and Nay

As has become the custom of the last week or so, we had a knock at the door earlier today. When we answered, we found a package from FedEx sitting on the front porch. Every time the FexEx or UPS people come, it's like a little mini Christmas for me. I get so excited! And today was the best, because John was actually here, so I didn't have to wait for him to get home to open the box.

I asked him who it was from, and he said Dillards, so I knew it was my shoes! That was so fast. John grabbed the scissors and cut through the packaging tape on the box. Then I ripped though the packing paper and carefully took the shoes out of the box. They look exactly like they did online, and I love them.

As promised, I had to try them on with my sweatpants. But as I tried to pry them onto my feet, I found that the swelling I've been having this week was more significant than I thought. I was able to get them on my feet, but there's no way I could actually stand up in them!

I'm confident that once the baby is born and this swelling goes down, they will fit perfectly, and I can't wait!

In the meantime, here is a picture of my poor feet squished into my beautiful new shoes. :)



Happy Saturday! Hope those of you locally are enjoying the snow!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the square toe! Your feet look perfect in them!

    ReplyDelete