Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Doctor Day

Tuesday is doctor day, and it was a full day. John and I met our pediatrician this morning. She was very nice and informative. We enjoyed meeting her and feel good about the care our little guy will receive once he makes his debut.

This afternoon I had my weekly OB appointment. I had an NST (non-stress test) first, and Baby stayed on the monitor the whole time, so I only had to do it once. The doctor looked over his reading and said he was doing well. Then I had the AFI, which is the ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid. Baby was sucking his thumb and kicking me during the ultrasound. His fluid looked good, and we found out that he flipped again! So he's no longer breech. I didn't notice him flipping, but the ultrasound tech said he may have done it when I bent over or something. Hopefully he doesn't do cartwheels in there until delivery day! The past week I've been thinking that his big head has been jabbing me in the ribs, but apparently it was his big bum instead!

I measured 34 weeks on the measuring tape, and I'll turn 34 weeks on Thursday, so I'm right on target. In two weeks I'll have a full ultrasound and get a growth study, which will show how big Baby is, how much he weighs, and whether he's still in an average percentile.

For now we're still on target to be induced on March 10th. Keeping our fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment