Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thanks!

I'm sure it's no secret that having a baby is expensive. There are big purchases to make, like furniture and car seats, strollers and swings. Luckily, people realize this, and people actually want to buy you things to help out. While I loved getting to see my friends and hang out and eat cake, I also put a lot of dependence on our baby shower for some essentials. I told my mom that I kind of felt bad, having such a party and making a list of things we wanted/needed, and then expecting people to go out and buy them for us. But she assured me that people wanted to do it, and I guess it's true. If people didn't want to, they didn't have to. But I am really, REALLY grateful that they did. I felt a huge burden lift when we were able to put things away in the nursery and know that we had the things we needed. So thanks to those people that were so unselfish to help us out and celebrate our baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment