Monday, January 26, 2009

Waiting, waiting...

We're supposed to get a big ice storm today. I've been watching out the window as the sky gets more and more dreary. The cats are lazy today. There are no birds to watch. It started lightly icing about an hour or so ago. Just waiting for the big stuff to hit. John is getting off work early today due to the weather, which NEVER happens, so I'm expecting this storm to be colossal.

I have two doctor's appointments tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to make it to them. I've been looking forward to them since I was put on bedrest, because I'm hoping to get a lot more information about what's going on. I hate the waiting and wondering. I see the perinatolgist (high-risk doctor) in the morning for an ultrasound. She'll measure the baby and make sure that he' s still growing like he's supposed to. The main concern with high blood pressure, other than it being unhealthy for the mom, is that it can stunt the baby's growth and lower the amniotic fluid. So I'll have that appointment in the morning to see if the baby is still growing on target, and then I have an OB appointment tomorrow afternoon. She'll do a non-stress test to measure the baby's heart rate and then what they call an AFI, which is a quick ultrasound to measure the amount of amniotic fluid. In the morning, the perinatologist will send her findings to the OB office.

I look forward to these appointments, but I also wonder if that will be the day that I get in there and they say, "It's no longer safe for Baby to be in there." I never know what is going to happen. It's just waiting. John keeps telling me that this is a lesson in trust, and that God knows what's happening, even when we don't. He's right of course, but it's still hard. Maybe it's a lesson in patience for me too.

On a lighter note, Autumn the giant kitty has decided that she's Cindy Crawford. Every time the heater comes on, she lays down in front of the vent, rolls around, and lets the air blow her fur all around. It's hilarious. I'll try to get a picture next time...

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment