Monday, March 9, 2009

It's Okay!

I just wanted to update today, because I know yesterday's post was quite the downer.

We had small group at our house last night, so John was home a little bit earlier. We (as in he) actually grilled hot dogs for dinner and we scarfed it down before our friends came over. After small group, John surprised me with root beer floats. It was a nice little treat, and it was great to get to spend a little extra time with him.

Today was a good day too. A friend came over early with a delicious vanilla latte and a blueberry scone (so good!) from Panera, and we had a good chat. It was a much better way to start out the day. It was nearly lunch time when she left, so I made a sandwich and let the kitties out of the basement early so I'd have some company (yes, cat company!).

My goal today was to finish my thank you cards, but I ended up emailing several friends back and forth a large part of the day. I enjoyed that a lot, and it made the day go by fast. Tomorrow is doctor day, and then I only have three days left before the baby is here and bedrest is officially over!

I think Wednesday I'll get the cards done, Thursday I'll finish the letters I painted for the nursery, and Friday I'll make sure my bag is packed and everything is ready to go. Now that I have goals for each day, I think the week is going to go fast and Saturday will be here before we know it.

I'm also looking forward to TV tonight. I am a huge reality TV fan, and since The Bachelor is officially over, I have to find something else to fill my Monday night. Lucky for me, tonight is the premiere of Dancing With the Stars, and I'm really looking forward to it. I especially like the two-hour episodes, like tonight's. So I'm going to cuddle up with the cats, some ice cream, and the remote, and try not to think about tomorrow's appointment. I'm so nervous! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment