Friday, March 13, 2009

It's Here!

I had my pre-admission appointment this morning. I gave my medical history for the 19th time, met with the anesthesiologist about the spinal I'll get tomorrow, and for the most part got all my questions answered. My blood pressure was, of course, through the roof, and the nurses wouldn't let me leave. They really wanted me to call John to come pick me up (even after laying down on that table thing again and getting it back down to normal). The nurse finally called my OB nurse, who promptly told her that I had hypertension, which is why I was having the baby tomorrow, and that I could go home. Thank you, Nurse Gail!

I've let myself cheat and in turn worn myself out today. I figure the last day of bedrest shouldn't really count, right? So the baby swing is set up, the humidifier is ready to go, the nursery is clean and the closet is cleaned out, the stroller and car seat are out, the Pack n' Play with bassinet is set up, everything is washed, and the hospital bag is packed.

Tomorrow I'll be getting up at 3:30 a.m. to get ready, grab last minute things for the bags, and head to the hospital at 5:00. Who am I kidding though? I'm going to get zero sleep tonight. My c-section is scheduled for 7:30, and as long as it doesn't get bumped, the baby should be here by 8:00! Strangely, I'm not nervous at all. Just ready to not be pregnant, meet our little guy, and have a normal life again!

We're supposed to have Wi-Fi in the hospital, and we set up a CaringBridge site though the hospital's website, so we hope to post pictures and such while we're in the hospital. My recovery will be a little longer since I'm having the surgery, but hopefully we'll be home by Tuesday (my St. Patty's Day Birthday!). I'll post pics on here too when I can.

Wish me luck! :0)

1 comment: