Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Updates!

Lots has been going on, and I have lots of updates! First, Jonah had his two-month appointment a few weeks ago. He was 9lbs. 6oz. this time! He moved up from the 3rd percentile to the 5th, and he's in the 25th percentile for his length and head circumference. Such great news! He got his first round of vaccinations and screamed bloody murder. It look him about five minutes to calm down, but he was fine after that. He did run a fever the next day, so we gave him a few rounds of baby Tylenol and the fever came down.

He's had some new developments too, especially since he started going to the babysitter with two twin boys who are a few months older. Jonah is smiling and "talking" like crazy, starting to laugh, sitting up in a Bumbo(!), and he loves playing under his activity mat. He even liked bath time last night! Our little man is growing up.

We took Jonah to his first Springfield Cardinals game Friday night. A big group from work went, and Jonah did so great. He watched the game for a while and loved the Jumbotron (we don't let him watch TV, so this was a big treat!), and then he fell asleep. He woke up at the seventh inning stretch when we were singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame, and he was ready to eat, so I fed him his bottle. This took a while, and John was talking to a coworker about computers, so neither one of us were paying much attention to the game at this point. When Jonah was finished eating, I got up to take him to the bathroom to change his diaper, and as I was making my way through the aisle the crowd started cheering. I thought, "Oh, we must've scored a run," and walked up the steps towards the bathroom. Well, then the lights went off, and I realized that the game was over, and the Friday Night Fireworks were about to start. Jonah and I stopped and watched, and Jonah LOVED it. He rested his head on my shoulder at first, but then they started getting high in the sky, so he picked his head up and leaned back to see them. He kept looking at me like he wanted to make sure I was still there, but he wasn't afraid at all. I figured the noise at least would bother him, but it didn't. The only sad part was that John missed Jonah's first fireworks show. I'm still really bummed about that.

After the game, John put Jonah in the Snugli and we walked back to the car. We always park at Dillions, so it was a pretty long walk (John dropped us off before the game), but Jonah did great and was smiling and cooing when we got to the car. It was a great night.

Grammy and Grandpa are coming this weekend, and I think they're going to be very surprised when they see how big Jonah has gotten. I got a development email the other day that said "Your newborn has officially graduated to infant status." I'm glad Jonah is doing so well and getting so big, but it kinda makes me sad too. Oh well. That's motherhood, right? :)

I'll post some pictures of Jonah at the game later. I can't upload them at work. But stay tuned...

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Awe! I was wondering when newborns turned to infant status! Guess I know now. :) I can't wait until July 4th for Kael's first fireworks!!!

    ReplyDelete