Monday, June 15, 2009

A Naked Five-Month-Old

A friend told me about a sale they're having a JCPenney for infant clothes, 60% off, so I headed over there at lunch. Jonah got a lot of clothes before he was born, but oddly enough we're very short on 3-6 month clothing. I planned to buy him four or five outfits to wear to church and on outings and then pick up some onesies at Walmart later.

Unfortunately, about 75% of the baby/infant section of JCPenney is girl clothes. This seems to be a trend, because every time I go to Walmart, Target, the mall, etc., the girl clothes WAY outnumber the boy clothes. Now, I get that girls like shopping and care more about clothes, but babies don't, and all babies NEED clothing! I don't understand it. It's very, very frustrating to look at racks upon racks of clothing and only find dresses and outfits covered in pink and ruffles. I adore little girl clothes, but it's very irritating when I can only find one section of shirts with trucks and dinosaurs and airplanes with matching pants. I got one outfit.

Luckily Jonah hasn't outgrown his 0-3 month clothes yet, and he just turned three months yesterday, but it won't be long until we have a naked five-month-old.

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya!!! It's next to impossible to find cute baby boy clothes that aren't just onsies or sleepers. Try Macy's. They are more expensive, but they actually have some dressy baby boy clothes (that actually don't have Winnie the Pooh on them too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing it's garage sale season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your question on BabyCenter.com about pinning your sons pants.

    My girls (yes twins) were born extremely preemie and therefore are extremely small. I have pinned their clothes for as long as i can remember. I DID (and still do) always use the diaper pins. I found them at Babies R Us.

    Pinning the clothes is no big deal. Even if their shirt didn't cover it quite as well as i wanted, it's no biggie.

    Now my son is 3 and still wears smaller sized clothing, too. I am pinning his clothes, as well. :}

    AH...the joy of being a mommy that improvises!

    (OH and as far as cute clothes for little guys...i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE....did i mention i LOVE Targets clothes selection for both BOYS and GIRLS!)

    ReplyDelete