Friday, May 15, 2009

Emily NOT From the Couch

My good friend and coworker, Nicole, has convinced me to revive my blog. Before I barely had time to check my email, but I started back to work this week, so that makes it easier. This week hasn't been to bad. I was super sick over the weekend, so I missed Monday. Tuesday was my first day back, and it was nice to see my friends again. It's definitely hard to leave Jonah though. Luckily John drops him off at the babysitter in the morning. My boss is letting me work 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and take four hours of PTO each week to make up the time, so it's nice to be able to leave and get Jonah early. His babysitter is in Battlefield, about half an hour from our house, so it's a bit of a commute. We're usually home around 4:00 though.

Jonah is doing great and gaining weight. He's nine pounds now, and is starting to get some meat on his bones. He's also starting to smile! John was lucky enough to catch a shot of one of his first ones. Isn't he cute?!


He's been "talking" a lot lately too. I can't believe he's already two months old!

So, we're all settling into our new routines. I'm happy for the weekend and lots of Jonah time. We should be able to bring him to church this week too, so I'm really looking forward to that!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment: